Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm riding the PMC!

It sure seems like Spring is around the corner with the nice weather we had this week. Just a week before, we were in the single digits (okay, we'll be there again soon, I'm sure) - but on Thursday the weather was so nice that we closed the office early and did a nice ride, followed by wine & snacks chez moi.

We all did pretty well considering that the incessant snow has kept most of us cooped up inside for weeks on end - I, in particular, am not in the best shape. But there's nothing like a good group ride to get the legs a-pedaling once again.

My latest news, though, is that I've signed up to ride the Pan Mass Challenge this year! I'll be doing the Sturbridge to Bourne route, 111 miles of hilly goodness, described as the organizers as the "most difficult" option. (I'm just doing one day; there are lots of other options, including two full days of riding.... maybe next year.)

I've committed to raise $3000, 100% of which will go to organizations dedicated to finding a cure to cancer. I've been thinking about doing the ride ever since moving to Massachusetts, but I'm finally doing it this year - and I'm inspired by my mom and my brother-in-law, both of whom beat cancer in 2010. I'm also riding in memory of our friend Nanette, who died this month after a long struggle.

Please help me reach my goal and contribute to finding a cure!

You can read about my fundraising and training progress or donate online here.

No comments: